Sunday

Aria is keeping us busy, as always.


Or maybe it's the other way around- I am the one keeping Aria busy by always taking her to things like carnivals with our friends on the weekends.





I wore my "I love my church" t-shirt yesterday, like I have been every Saturday this month. It's a challenge our church is doing in the month of September: wear them each Saturday to get people talking about our church.


I've enjoyed talking to people about what I love about First Baptist Raytown. If you're looking for a church home, you should definitely check out our worship times and come join us.

Speaking of FBR, our pastor has been teaching and preaching a great sermon series this month entitled "Audible God". Last week we got to spend quiet time alone with God. This week we learned the five steps to receive His guidance:

  • withdraw
  • wait
  • watch
  • write
  • worship
Obviously, I enjoy writing. Something I used to be really good about was writing in my prayer journal. Somewhere along the way, I quit doing it. 

In the Bible, Habakkuk said, "The Lord gave me this answer, 'Write down clearly what I have told you.'"

This is a good reminder that in order for my prayer time to be more effective, I need to pick up the pen and paper. Just like I take notes in church to keep me focused, my prayers need to be written down to keep my quiet time with God focused as well. 

Keeping a prayer journal also helps you remember what you've said to God. As Pastor Brandon says, it takes a monologue to a dialogue. 

Do you or have you ever kept a prayer journal? I invite you to take this new goal of daily prayer journaling with me and see how it impacts your prayers and how you hear God speak.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! And by the way- happy birthday to my fabulous mom! Love ya.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling