34 Weeks: Waddle Waddle

Every week, I read several updates about what's going on with my baby-in-utero. The three sites that I like the most are What to Expect, Baby Center, and Baby GaGa. This week, Baby GaGa has explained my more reent change that I have felt:

If you haven’t noticed it already, you’ll be feeling the weight shift indicating your baby is most likely out of breech position with their head now resting on your pubic bone.

Aria must be right on schedule with moving down and resting there for now. I was shopping when I first felt this pressure. I thought maybe after I sat for a while, it would go away. While it did feel better to sit down, it comes back when I'm up moving around again.

This explains why I have felt the need to waddle for a couple of days. When I first caught myself doing this, I thought, "I don't even feel like my belly is big enough to waddle," but it does seem to help the pressure I have been feeling on my pelvis to strut like a penguin.

After doing a bit of reading, I learned that the size of the belly has a little something to do with the waddle, but most of the cause is the pregnancy hormones that loosen up our joints. This loosening of the joints is what has brought on the pelvic pressure.

Aria's bookshelf is in place and stocked.


One of my first books that I ever read on my own is Ottie and the Star. I still have this copy.


Apparently the book actually belonged to my sister, Yvonne.


Gus's idea of helping with the bookshelf is stealing socks and bringing them to Aria's room.


I found some more great deals on clothes today, this time at the Lee's Summit Rhea Leas consignment sale. I think I'm probably OK with not buying anymore clothes... well at least until after she's born.



Shoe Love

Aria will probably love a Binky Buddy too. This one is washed and ready to go for her.


Again, Gus's idea of helping is just being near me:



It looks like we may need some sort of little table. I can't keep things like a bottle warmer (which I hope I won't use much) and a wipes warmer on her changing table. 


Six more weeks, but if she comes today, I think we're ready. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling