To Read or To Play With Toys?

With this week being the last week of school, I have important things to do- such as make a "Summer To-Do" list. 


Aria reminded me I had to add various libraries to the list.


Let Aria choose a toy or a book and guess which one she goes for?




I can't wait for our life to feel like one big weekend this summer.

I love my weekends with my family, even though they're always jam-packed!

From participating in a 5k with my besties,


 to grad party after grad party,


I'm glad we got to slow down on Sunday.



Church on Sunday also made my day. We're so blessed to have such a talented pastor. Sunday's theme was "So You Think You Can Parent?" Pastor Brandon gave us a key reminder: make sure God hears about your kids every day. Even though no one is a perfect parent, we can be praying parents. 

To be sure we talk to God about our kids every day, Pastor Brandon gave us a guide for the week. Here's the plan for today:

Monday: Pray our children know the will of God. "For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will."

We need to teach our children that our plan isn't always God's plan. Through prayer, we come before God so His plans align with us, not the other way around. 

Here's my prayer for Aria:
Jesus, I pray that Aria grows to know Your will through loving you and and talking to you daily. God, sometimes it's hard to not just make a big check-list of things we want to go our way and bring that before You. Help me to remember to pray for Your will and to model that for our children. 
In Jesus' name. Amen.

Have you talked to God about your children today?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling