Socially Distancing: Day One




I decided to wipe the cobwebs off my old blog since we are living through major life changes, with it seeming like everything changing daily because of the COVID-19 virus.

As of right now, our school district is closed for two weeks, with remote learning most likely coming up next week. I'd like to say I doubt this will go on much longer than those two weeks, but I think this is just the beginning, unfortunately.

We had a discussion about what was going on last night at the dinner table. I explained to the kids that they won't go to school for at least two weeks because so many people are getting sick and they want people to stay home to stay healthy. They seemed to understand and there weren't any questions. But this morning, that's when reality set in for Beckett and Livi Mae. Beckett was upset he wasn't going to get to do his shown-and-tell. Livi was upset she would miss the baby chicks display from the 4H Club hatching out of their eggs. We were all so happy when the school decided to post them hatching on Facebook Live.



My kids like routine. I like routine. I also like schedules, but I knew this popular schedule floating around the internet would be an epic fail if I tried it:




And it was a fail. Here is what our day really looked like.


Aria made us a schedule for the day. Yes, she actually did that. She couldn't wait for "Learning Time" so she could teach the triplets. After a couple of TV shows while Mommy had coffee, followed by my online workout, it was Aria's time to shine.

Henry resisted learning time at first, but Beckett and Livi were excited. She had them start like they always do at preschool, with name-writing practice.



Then, she read them the book, "There's a Giraffe in My Soup".



Aria even made them animal drawings that she labeled for them to color.




And you can't get through Saint Patrick's day without making shamrocks and describing why we are each lucky.






This all makes it seem like we had a productive, educational day, but beyond this, it was just business as usual around here. Kids play, I work around the house. All in all, not bad Day One.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling