"The Luckiest"


"The Luckiest" ~Ben Folds
I don't get many things right the first timeIn fact, I am told that a lotNow I know all the wrong turnsThe stumbles and falls brought me here


And where was I before the dayThat I first saw your lovely face?Now I see it everydayAnd I know that I amI am, I am the luckiest



What if I'd been born fifty years before youIn a house on the street where you live?Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bikeWould I know?



And in a wide sea of eyesI see one pair that I recognizeAnd I know that I amI am, I am the luckiest



I love you more than I haveEver found a way to say to you


Next door, there's an old man who lived to his 90'sAnd one day, passed away in his sleepAnd his wife, she stayed for a couple of daysAnd passed away



I'm sorry, I know that's a strange wayTo tell you that I know we belongThat I know that I amI am, I am the luckiest









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling