Happy Birthday to You

Aria's birthday party was a success! We are so blessed to have such great friends and family who love us so much. 

Before I baked the cakes Friday, I let her open a present a day early to keep her occupied while I worked in the kitchen. She loves her Minnie Mouse car from her babysitter.





My plan was for me to bake the cakes and my mom to ice and decorate them. Mom had a different plan: to teach me how to decorate cakes.

Since the cake turned out in good condition from the oven,

(These cake pans can be tricky. Be sure to use shortening generously and extra in all corners for it to not stick!)

I decided to try decorating them myself, with her by my side of course.



Here is the end result, before I put the finishing touches on them the day of the party:

Aria's smash cake
The guest cake
The Minnie Mouse cupcakes
The morning of her party, Aria seemed to sense the excitement in the house. She was happy and ready to party. The first thing she wanted to do was hang out in her room and read her favorite book.



After the party, she was so tuckered out that when we got home, it only took her a couple minutes to fall asleep for nap time.


As I said above, the party was spectacular, but our day didn't end there. That same evening we went to another birthday party, with a very different theme: army.


Orchestra rehearsal before church on Sunday mornings is also a favorite time for Aria.


Just like her daddy, she is a social butterfly. She wants to talk to everyone and make them laugh.




Other random Sunday stuff:

lunch


paying the bills already




I ended the night with making her thank you cards...


for all of the fabulous gifts she was showered with. (Thank you, Grammy, for being our secretary and writing everything down!)

Sunday nights are always so hard for working mommies. All the time on the weekend with my baby is cherished, then it's back to the real-world of work tomorrow. Easter, though, is coming up. That means we get a long weekend of family time. Yay!

Thank you to all of you who came to the party and made Aria's day special. Good night!

http://skreened.com/glamfoxx/minnie







                                         

                                       



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling