Running Addict

Tonight I got to use my spiffy new blinking arm band on my run, and...


I ran my fast mile yet!


I'm still a slow runner, but that's ok! I am growing more and more addicted to how I feel after I run. I am growing stronger and healthier. That's what matters the most! 

Also while running tonight, I was thinking about all the things I have learned about being a runner. 

1. There's no such thing as a bad run.  A run is a run, no matter how hard, easy, fast or slow it was. 

2. I enjoy running when it's cold. Thirty to forty degrees is preferred. 

3. When it is cold, I need my inhaler. 

4. Never assume a car will stop at a four-way stop for you to cross before them. 

5. Having a house that sits on the top of a huge hill is great for starting out your run, not so great at the end of your run.

If you're bored with the running chat and dying for Aria chat, here we go...

Aria has re-discovered our dog, Gus. Everything he does is hilarious to her. Exhibit A: 


She just wants to be close to him. He will lick her face, let her pet him, etc. They are growing to be great buddies. 

Exhibit B, C, D and E:





This week I can't get home to my baby from work fast enough. We started the daily routine of independent play time first thing when we get home so I can vacuum the living room. Otherwise, her rein over rolling everywhere will put way too much dog hair on her. 


Once that's finished, we throw toys everywhere and play. 




"Give me that phone"

After all that, Dad eventually gets home and I head out for a run- AKA "me time". I'm still not comfortable with the idea of taking her with me to run and being jostled around in the stroller. Just a little more time...









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling