"In My Daughter's Eyes"


In my daughter's eyes




I am a heroI am strong and wiseAnd I know no fear



But the truth is plain to seeShe was sent to rescue meI see who I want to beIn my daughter's eyes



In my daughter's eyes,Everyone is equal

                           

Darkness turns to lightAnd the world is at peaceThis miracle God gave to me



Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believeIn my daughter's eyes




And when she wraps her hand around my fingerHow it puts a smile in my heart



Everything becomes a little clearerI realize what life is all aboutIt's hanging on when your heart is had enoughIt's giving more when you feel like giving up



I've seen the lightIt's in my daughter's eyes



In my daughter's eyesI can see the futureA reflection of who I am and what will be



And though she'll grow and someday leaveMaybe raise a family



When I'm gone I hope you seeHow happy she made me



For I'll be there



In my daughter's eyes



"In My Daughter's Eyes" ~  Martina McBride





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling