Pregnant to 5K


Before doing IVF, and becoming pregnant with Aria, I began the Couch to 5K plan. Since I was told not to do any exercise like running during a big part of the IVF process, I quit running all together. I didn't think it was worth it when I got the exciting news of my pregnancy. What if something happened- would I blame myself for continuing to run?

Today was my first run back on the plan! The weather was perfect- a crisp 60 degrees. It felt so good, I really didn't even want to quit.

I skipped "Week 1" of the Couch to 5K plan because it felt too easy. (I guess it is true- muscles do have memory!) Workout 1, week 2 felt like much more of a workout at my pace. At this rate, I'll be able to run a 5K in 5 weeks.


I'll let Aria tell the story of our weekend:


My little Huskers fan has really gotten into smiling and reaching/grasping for things.


She gets lots of practice on her Baby Einstein mat that Great Aunt Sandy gave us.



We got so much rain Thursday and Friday that our basement flooded. There was about an inch of standing water. *Aria came downstairs with me on her bouncer. She watched me work on the water problem for quite a while, until the sound of the enormous, industrial fan that was blowing put her to sleep.

* I have pictures to document this but, alas, they are on my dumb phone and will not download.

Colbin was constantly playing baseball. We went to batting practices,



and a weekend-long tournament.

Aria and I actually only got to see 1 game with the weekend's cool weather.

Zebra outfit #2 was for a fun afternoon of garage sales. Just "Mommy and me". 

                                  

We had play time in our PJs,


and singing time with Disney radion on Pandora.


We even heard one of our favorite songs, "Under the Sea", which made her a happy girl!


Now we're winding down for the week. Aria is having a 9:00 pm bottle. Hopefully this means she will sleep until about 4:00 am.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling