Cooking Queen (Kinda)

Before Aria was born, I thought that I hated to cook. Actually, last week I thought I hated to cook.

My husband has always been the cook in our house. He likes to do it. Plus, if he wants his food to taste good, he needs to cook. Or so I thought.

Now that I'm working on getting off the baby weight, I thought it would be wise to take charge of the cooking. As I wrote yesterday, I'm starting off small with slow cooker recipes. Yesterday's Taco Chili was incredibly delicious. So delicious that we didn't have any leftovers for my lunch today! Day 3 of cooking this week, it feels like not only can I do this, but I just may like cooking. I think I love the feeling of finishing the task of a new meal, then letting my family enjoy it with me. It's similar to that feeling of just finishing the daunting task of cleaning the whole house. Am I the only one who feels like a rock star after that?

On tonight's menu is Crock Pot Picadillo.


My finished, ready to serve meals never turn out out perfect looking as the bloggers online. Usually the food looks like I gave a monkey a whisk in the kitchen and let the animal go to town.


But, hey, it was tasty! I put the mix on a tortilla shell for Levi. Actually, he had 4.

“The easiest calories to burn are the ones you don't put in your mouth.” ~Interview from Runner's World 

Running

I got in run #2 of the week tonight. It wasn't as "easy" as Sunday's run, but it was a successful run! The baby weight was definitely feeling heavy on my legs.

With any other task people take on, it's always a good idea to set a goal. My first goal is to run a 5K (no walking) in July. I do believe Rock the Crossroads on July 27 just may be the one for me.

Aria

Aria didn't get too much nap time in today, but I love peeking my head around the corner from the kitchen and seeing those little toes.


I guess I'd say I still like to check on our TriPawd, Gus, too.


Speaking of Gus, I don't think Aria has really paid Gus any mind until tonight when he kissed her face. Then all of the sudden she wanted to know exactly what that fuzzy brown thing staring at her was.


OK, kidding aside, here is Aria wondering about Gus. Not Daddy. :)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling