Christmas #2

Friday night we had some visitors. Levi's dad, stepmom and sister came to celebrate my birthday with me. I got to choose where we went to eat. 

Legend of Asia in Blue Springs is always a favorite. I love their sushi! 


Saturday morning I took Aria with me to the salon. She was such a good baby.


After the salon, it was time to get ready for the Hamar family Christmas.

The Hamar grandkids


This year for the Hamar Christmas, AKA Levi's mom's side of the family, we decided to meet up in Cameron, MO and stay at a hotel. Less distance to travel and we didn't have to clean up our own mess.

Aria and her cousin, Gunner before we left for Cameron
Once we got to the hotel and everyone was settled in,


it was present time!





The Hamar family tradition with present-opening is that once everyone is done opening their presents, we go around the room, one at a time, and show off what each person got. The tricky part is that you have to remember who got you what. 


This was a little trickier for me this year since I spoke for Aria and myself.

This year, we started with the youngest, who was Aria, of course. I tried to take a picture of each gift she got...


Her first Huskers hoodie




A huskers shirt

A book

Ornament (#1 in the series)


After Aria, everyone else shared their fabulous gifts, from youngest to oldest. 



Granny Great. Oldest.

Another plus to having Christmas at a hotel is you get to go out to eat and have someone else wait on you. No clean up.




It was a great, short weekend with family. I am thankful everyone arrived safely with the crazy weather we were experiencing.


Once we were home and done watching the Chiefs lose, Levi and I got ready for our date night. Saturday was our anniversary.

We usually go out to a fancy dinner, but since we were in Cameron celebrating Christmas, we decided to finally go see Trans Siberian Orchestra on Sunday to celebrate our 4 years of marriage.






That was our very busy weekend in a very small nutshell.

Today Aria and I are hanging out in our warm home, getting excited for Christmas with my side of the family tomorrow. (Christmas #3 for us!)

Merry Christmas, everyone!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling