29 Weeks and Counting

Wow, just 11 weeks to go! After stepping on the scale at my last appointment this week, I realized walking once, maybe twice, a week for 45 minutes wasn't cutting it.

I asked my doctor about my weight gain. She didn't seem too concerned that I've gained more than I need to at this point, but said to walk 30 minutes a day.

Walking 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week didn't seem realistic to me, so I made a goal of walking 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days a week.

A couple weeks ago, our pastor talked about goal-setting in his sermon. Research shows that people who write down their goals are more likely to reach these goals and be overall more successful in life.

So I wrote down a couple of my fitness goals for the near future and posted it where I would see it every day.

Yes, Levi has goals to write too and no, I can't draw a straight line.

My other goal, as you can see, is to run a 5k by August. If the baby comes on her due date, April 12, I'll need recovery time plus some re-training using Couch to 5k to get back in gear for a race. I'm really looking forward to running again!

Levi is making progress on getting the house baby-ready. We wanted to first partially finish the basement to move the treadmill out of the soon-to-be nursery room downstairs, along with some other junk. Now the treadmill is in a spot where I can get to it.


I put in my 30 minutes of walking tonight, despite the fact that I seemed to have lost my iPod Shuffle. Music is what motivates me to do any kind of exercise. Luckily, my laptop fits on top of the treadmill nicely. I can listen to iTunes while walking, but I wouldn't chance my computer staying there for a run. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling