Back to the Basics

Lately I have noticed that I am extremely hungry. I haven't felt this ravenous since my first trimester. Then I read that in the third trimester, women can add up to 500 calories to their diets. Wowza!

Reality check: I crave carbs, vegetables make me gag and I love chocolate more than ever. Once I realized I can add in some more calories in my diet, I knew I couldn't keep avoiding trying to eat as healthy as possible. Since I've gotten a little of track recently, I decided to start with the basics: healthy snacking- eat small, eat often.

These were my snacks for the work day:

OK, the Cherry Dr. Pepper soda is not on the healthy list, but it is a major craving of mine. I know my caffeine limits: 200 mg per day. I let myself have a glass during my plan time or sometimes I can hold off until after lunch if the cravings are kept at bay.  

Also notice the big, purple Bubba Keg. Anyone who knows me well has an understanding that I don't go anywhere without purple Bubba. I push water, water, water. I think it's safe to say I literally crave water. This started very early on in my pregnancy. It has to be ice cold and it has to be with me at all times!

(Not pictured: peanut butter to spread on the banana.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling