3D Sonogram Day!


We had our 3D/4D sonogram today after I got off work. The day just seemed to drag on because I was so excited to see my daughter.

Colbin was excited to go with us. He said it was because he got to get out of school early, but I know better.

Mom was thrilled to come along too of course!

One of the first things the doctor pointed out was that baby girl has lots of hair! I need to start buying some adorable bows.

Aria was pretty sleepy, so she wasn't interested in moving her arms and hands out of her face for very long.

Levi said Aria is used to that time of day being mommy's nap time, so that probably didn't help her sleepiness.

The doctor even shook my belly really hard several times to try to get her to move around. Aria just said, "Eh" and yawned. Not much phases this girl- even Mommy having food, sweets, and caffeine before the appointment.

Note to self: protein is key to wake up the baby in utero.

We watched Aria for a whole hour. We saw her smile. We saw her stick her tongue out.  We saw her cuddle her hands under her chin:

arm under chin, arm next to cheek
We saw her yawn:


We saw her kick, kick, kick. 



We saw that she is, unquestionably, a girl.

Levi's thoughts: 
     Aria is beautiful. 
     She didn't move when we wanted her to, so I think she's stubborn just like her daddy. But if        kids always did everything you ask them to, they wouldn't be kids. (So true.)

Pregnancy goes by so fast. I'm trying to cherish every minute of it. 

I love feeling her kicks, turns, head-butts and elbows. 
I love the sound of her heart beat (140 today) and that it sounds like a horse galloping down the road. It's music to my ears. 
I love the way she dances along to the music I play for her.
I love feeling her sway when I sing "Jesus Loves Me" to her. 
I love that she uses her arms and legs to cheer when she hears Daddy's voice. 
I love seeing my belly grow week by week because that means she's growing too.

Once she's here, I know I will find a million other things to love about her. Right now, though, pregnancy is such a blessing and incredible feeling that I think I would be happy to be pregnant forever. 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling