Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Reasons to Take a Hot Shower (Or Bath) at the End of the Day

Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
Calgon, take me away! I would be in Heaven if I could take a hot shower at the end of every single day, but that would put our water bill in a tizzy. (I have to have a shower in the morning or I just don't feel like myself!)

Sometimes that hot shower at the end of the day is just worth it, though. Here are my top ten reasons why:

10. Stressed? When I feel anxious or stressed, it takes a physical toll on my body. Taking a hot shower takes away the shakes and cold blood I feel running through my veins, which in turn relaxes me.

9. Brrr! We don't always keep the heat in our house cranked up very warm. Hot showers obviously warm me up and keep me feeling great with the cooler house temperature for the rest of the evening.

8. Sore muscles? Hot showers can help temporarily relieve sore muscles. Today my feet were aching from standing all day and the hot shower helped. It also helps if I have a sore neck and sore shoulders.

7. Pregnancy Insomnia: I have been suffering from pregnancy insomnia the last couple of nights. If I have this problem again tonight, I will be taking About.com's advice and getting in a warm bath with a good book.

6. Congested? This happens a lot during pregnancy. With our hormones going up, down and around, we have a lot of swelling in our noses. A hot shower can help the annoying congestion.

5. Circulation: Hot water naturally increases your circulation.

4. Pores: Who doesn't want better-looking skin? Hot water helps open up the pores, which helps giving your skin a better complexion.

3. Me-time: Everyone loves some time all to themselves. For me, some days I just need a few minutes away from being a step-mom and escaping to a hot shower does the trick.

2. Sometimes called the "Midwife's Epidural", a hot shower can speed the process of labor and help ease the pain.

1. Clean: The obvious choice! Everyone loves that good, clean feeling.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling