Good Things Come...

Monday, August 6, 2012

"I will not test, I will not test..." This is what I had running through my head all day. Here was the day's schedule:

9:00 AM: report to doctor's office for a blood pregnancy test

10:00 AM: return home to my husband. Hands shaking, palms sweating. Extremely nervous about the test results.

10:45 AM: arrive at Smallcakes Bakery. I decided we needed strong sugar treats, no matter what the results.

11:30 AM: arrive at my parents' house. My husband and I decided to spend some time with my mom and big sister to help me keep my mind off the phone call form the doctor's office that was to come at time now.

1:00 PM: still no phone call. Levi, sister and I decide to go on a walk. I'm wearing a path in the floor from pacing so much, so we decide to take it outside.

3:00 PM: My phone is ringing? My phone is ringing. My phone is ringing!

I tell my husband to come outside with me so we could take the phone call together, just the two of us. I answer it and on the other end is my nurse. I can hear a slight lift in her voice that, in a split second, I'm thinking this is good news! I ask to put her on speaker so my husband can hear. Once that's taken care of she says, "Congratulations! You're going to be a mom!"

I cry, I shake, I ask over and over, "Really? Really? I am?" The nurse lets me get off the phone to go enjoy our moment. Levi and I sob tears of joy and hug each other. I'm still shaking when he says, "Tiff you need to breath and stop shaking. You have our baby in there."

Levi gets my mom to come outside. I will never forget the look on her face. I can tell she's trying to read me- are those tears of joy streaming down my daughter's face or tears of more disappointment from another negative result? For the first time ever, I get to say, "I'm pregnant."

It was a great idea to buy those cupcakes this morning because it was a great treat to help us celebrate the best day of our married life together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accomplishments of 34 Weeks

5 Month Camera Roll

And We're Crawling